Cincinnati FC did without Eric Alexander, a member of the starting line-up for Cincinnati’s first Major League Soccer game, on Tuesday.
The club selected Alexander with the number 4 in the Houston Dynamo expansion draft of December 2018.
Alexander is expected to be a stabilizing veteran presence in the club’s midfield rotation, playing only six games for orange and blue, totaling 312 minutes of play and one assist.
More:FC Cincinnati: With Ron Jans, the club changes to Columbus Crew SC, Hell is Real Derby
Alexander made four starts for the club, including on the opening night at Seattle Sounders FC.
DECEMBER 2018 EXPANSION DRAFT SELECTIONS
• Darren Mattocks, forward, DC United.
• Kei Kamara, forward, Vancouver United FC – traded to Colorado Rapids in exchange for an international squad spot.
• Roland Lamah, midfielder for FC Dallas.
• Eric Alexander, midfielder, Houston Dynamo.
• Hassan Ndam, center-back, New York Red Bulls.
• Cincinnati FC acquired defender Greg Garza from MLS Cup champions Atlanta United FC in exchange for $ 200,000 in allocation funds and $ 250,000 in targeted allocation funds.
• Cincinnati FC acquired Vancouver Whitecaps defenseman Kendall Waston in exchange for up to $ 825,000 in allotment funds and the international squad spot acquired by Colorado.