It was a busy time for the Greater Cincinnati restaurant news.
Several restaurants and chains have either opened, announced openings or planned expansions in the area, and at least one is closing: the popular downtown Court Street Lobster Bar, which will close on October 29th.
More:Court Street Lobster Bar announces permanent closure
Here are the other recent announcements:
• senate, a popular OTR restaurant, will close after 12 years. The owners said they had decided to expand their other restaurant, Abigail Street, into the space.
More:Senate in OTR closes, owners expand Abigail Street
• Loris Roadhouse, a restaurant, bar and live music venue opens on Friday in West Chester. The space will have two stages that will host performances by local, regional and national artists and private events for groups of up to 2,200 guests. In addition to the large event space, there will be three bars inside and the kitchen will serve grilled dishes from the region from the backyard.
More:New West Chester restaurant, bar and music venue opening this month
• Ford’s garage, a Florida-based burger and craft beer franchise with a 1920s gas station and a Prohibited Bar theme, signed an agreement to develop four restaurants across the Cincinnati area. The first location is in Rookwood Commons and Pavilion and is slated to open in early 2022. The remaining three locations have not yet been selected, but developers are considering Milford, West Chester, Florence and Covington as potential locations.
More:Ford’s Garage opens four locations in the greater Cincinnati area, including one in the Rookwood Pavilion
• Cuban restaurant Latin house, by head chef Ramon Alfonso and his wife Michelle Alfonso,opened its doors in downtown Cincinnati on Tuesday. The Latin House is currently serving breakfast and lunch and is eventually planning to add dinner hours.
More:Cuban restaurant Latin House opens in downtown Cincinnati
• In Covington, the owners of the Blinkers Tavern Steakhouse open another restaurant next door: Governor’s House Wine Bar & Kitchen, in the historic 19th century mansion that belonged to former Kentucky Governor John W. Stevenson. The restaurant is scheduled to open at the end of October.
More:New restaurant is coming to Covington this month from the owners of Blinkers Tavern
• Nation Kitchen & Bar expands and announces a third location in a 200-year-old Milford home to open in spring 2022. The restaurant will be across from Little Miami Brewing Co.
More:Nation Kitchen & Bar is expanding with a third location and will open next year in Milford