Two-time ACC Coach of the Year and ESPN College GameDay analyst Seth Greenberg and ESPN analyst and former NBA player Lafonzo Ellis receive the Ohio High School Sports Award from Mercy Health. They join the well-known voice of Paul Keels, a Backeyes fan at Ohio State University. Paul Kiehl’s announces more than 25 sports winners.
The Ohio High School Sports Awards are part of the largest high school sports awards program in the country. On Thursday, July 15, at 8 p.m., the top athletes of most state-certified sports will be honored in the on-demand streaming transmission of the EDT. Event website ..
More:NBA Champion and MVP Kevin Garnett joins the list of celebrity athletes to announce the winners of the Central Ohio High School Sports Awards
Greenberg is an ESPN basketball analyst, a member of the College GameDay team, and a former college basketball coach. Prior to joining ESPN, Greenberg taught basketball for 34 years, including the last 22 years as the head coach at Long Beach State University, the University of South Florida and Virginia Tech. He won four wins against the top ranked team, set 170-123 records in nine seasons at Virginia Tech, and won the ACC Coach of the Year award twice.
In 1992, the NBA Draft Ellis was ranked 5th overall by the Denver Nuggets. In his rookie season, he was appointed to the All-Rookie First Team in 1992-93 with an average of 14.7 points, 9.1 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. He played professionally for 11 years and became an ESPN University basketball analyst in 2009.
Kiehl’s is the radio voice for the Ohio State Buckeyes football and men’s basketball teams and hosts the Backeye Roundtable, the Ryan Day Show and the Chris Holtman Show. He is a four-time Ohio of Roadcaster of the Year Award winner and a member of the Ohio of Roadcaster Hall of Fame.
The Ohio High School Sports Awards is a nationwide program for honoring student athletes. The Ohio Show is held after regional shows such as the Central Ohio High School Sports Awards, Cincinnati High School Sports Awards, Greater Akron High School Sports Awards, Portage County High School Sports Awards, and Stark County High School Sports Awards. Wayne and Holmes County High School Sports Awards.
The Ohio-wide show recognizes the best athletes in the state. This means that some of the local winners can also be honored at national shows. Ohio’s Athletes of the Year and all Ohio’s male and female athletes of the year will automatically be winners at the inauguration. USA TODAY High School Sports Award Become one of the nominees for the National Award.
The nationally recognized sport onory selection was presented on the Messe Event website at the beginning of July.
Thanks to support from sponsors including Mercy Health, the show is free to view on any smart device or computer.
The celebrity announcers who will also be part of the Ohio Show are:
- 2020 NBA Champion, MVP, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame enrollment Kevin Garnett
- 3 times NFLMVP Aaron Rodgers
- The two-time soccer world champion Alex Morgan
- Five Olympic gold medalists Katie Ledecky
- 3rd Olympic champion Kerri Walsh Jennings
- Chipper Jones inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame
- Youngest wrestling gold medalist and world champion Kyle Snyder
- Laurie Hernandez, gold and silver medalist in US women’s gymnastics
- 3 Pro Bowlers and 2 First Team All Pro External Linebackers TJ Watt
- Martina Navratilova, the most successful tennis player of the open era
- Olympic gold and silver medalist and world champion in softball pitcher Jennie Finch
- Amanda Magadan, midfielder for the U.S. women’s national field hockey team
- Three-time MVP, world champion, co-founder of the Premier Lacrosse League, Paul Laville
- Hockey Hall of Fame Martin St. Louis
- 4th Olympic champion and 8th World Cup gold medalist Michael Johnson
- 14. National Champion Cheer Coach Monica Aldama
- Olympic and four-time world ski champion Lindsey Vonn
- Ryan Palmer, who has won the PGA Tour four times
- American ultramarathon Dean Karnazes