The casinos in the greater Cincinnati area will come back online next week after lengthy closings due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Belterra Casino Resort, Belterra Park and Jack Casino, Miami Valley Gaming and Hollywood Casino will all open their doors next week. The Ohio openings come after Governor Mike DeWine announced that the stores could open as early as June 19th.
According to DeWine, casinos and racinos can reopen with restrictions: Poker, cloakroom, valet parking, concerts and banquets are not yet available.
Maximum capacity is limited to no more than 50% of the Fire Safety Act, most employees wear face-covers, and special hours are reserved for vulnerable populations such as older adults.
Indiana casinos like the Rising Star Casino, Hollywood Casino and Belterra Casino Resort will open on Monday.
Boyd Gaming, which owns the Belterra properties, said the Belterra Casino Resort in Indiana will reopen at 11 a.m. on Monday and Belterra Park Cincinnati will reopen at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 19
Earlier this month, the Belterra Park circuit reopened to horse racing, albeit without fans.
On race days, only the necessary personnel is allowed on the track. The racing commission issued a long list of operating guidelines.
At Belterra you will see the following changes:
- Preventive medical checkups will be carried out upon arrival. All guests are required to wear face covering.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all guests and is free of charge.
- Guest rooms are cleaned and disinfected several times a day with EPA approved products. This includes: slot machines, chairs, table games, restaurants, kitchens, restrooms, doors, handrails, counters, ATMs, kiosks, and team member areas.
- The frequency of air filter changes and cleaning of the HVAC system has been increased.
- Slot machines, table games, and restaurant and bar seating are configured and restricted to meet social distancing recommendations.
- The occupancy limits for guests are adhered to in retail stores as well as banquet and meeting rooms.
- COVID-19 training, health checkups, and masks are provided to all team members.
Jack Casino, the future home of the Hard Rock Casino, said it will open June 19 but is not expecting any Hard Rock signage just yet.
George Goldhoff, president of Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati, said carpets had been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Slot machines, air duct systems, casino chips, and all high-touch surfaces have also been thoroughly cleaned.
“It’s been some tough months, but we’re Cincinnati Strong. We stuck together and saw through each other, and now it’s time to get back on track,” said Goldhoff.
Guests will see the designated “Safe + Sound Clean Team” worn by their brightly colored shirts to clean all high-touch areas around the clock.
“I wish I could say with certainty that there will be no disruption when it reopens. What I can say without a doubt is that we have a team of individuals who are committed to ensuring a safe and solid environment and taking all the precautions to ensure you and our employees feel safe, “said Goldhoff. “Even though the guest experience may look and feel different, we will continue to provide top-notch hospitality that our guests deserve and enjoy.”
The Rising Star Casino and Resort will open at 6am on June 15th, as will the Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg, but without specifying a specific opening time.
Miami Valley Gaming opens at 8 a.m. on Friday, June 19
“We will have limited parking, video lottery terminals, VLTs, venues and occupancy for social distancing purposes. Guests will be encouraged to wear masks,” officials said