CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati baseball team opens its Fall 2021 schedule by hosting Indiana on Sunday, October 17th. First seat at UC Baseball Stadium is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Entry is free for all fans.
The exhibition will also be streamed live on YouTube (YouTube.com/CincinnatiBearcats), with play-by-play coverage from Andy Nagel, UC Director of Baseball Operations.
Cincinnati and Indiana met 30 times in the regular season from 1897 onwards. The Hoosiers hold an 18-12 record against the Bearcats, but the two teams have split the last 10 fixtures from 2012.
UC will return seven starters, including Redshirt Juniors Paul Komistek and Griffin Merritt, who both received the All-American Athletic Conference award in 2021. Additionally, local products like Cole Harting (Mason), Joe Powell (Mason) and Zach Segal (Loveland) are looking to build on breakout campaigns in 2021.
Fans can also get a first look at some of the new faces on the program, including seven newcomers from the 2021 vintage and six incoming transfers.
FRESHMAN – CLASS 2021
• RHP | CJ Dean (Columbus, Ohio)
• LHP | Carter Earls (Middletown, Ohio)
• RHP | Garrett Harker (Lebanon, IN)
• RHP | Blake Lemon (Chesterton, IN)
• LHP | Andrew Neff (Martinsville, IN)
• LHP | Tommy O’Connor (Martinsville, IN)
• C | Boston Smith (Arcanum, Ohio)
• RHP | Chase Hopewell (Findlay University)
• LHP | Ryan Steckline (University of Monmouth)
• LHP | Tristan Weaver (State of Indiana)
• INF | Kameron Guidry (University of Georgia)
• INF | Max Palmieri (Lincoln Trail CC)
• FROM | JP Sponseller (Elon University)
NOTE: All dates and times are subject to change due to weather conditions. All schedule changes will be announced on Twitter at @GoBearcatsBASE.